Sick children, a new suit, and a paci

>> Tuesday, December 4, 2007

What do all of these things have in common? It has been my life for the past week and a half. My poor little Piper woke up in the middle of the night screaming - her ear hurt and after a doctor visit it was confirmed that she had an ear infection (her first). Violet still has a yeast infection that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy that after treating with over the counter cream for a week finally called in for some stronger stuff to *hopefully* get it on its way to healing before our trip to Orlando this weekend.

My husband has gained a little bit of weight around his midsection and after trying on the suits he had at the house we had to go out and get him a new one - last night. He is a procrastinator and PROBABLY should have thought of this a month ago but didn't so off we went to the mall to get him a suit. He tried on a few at the first store, liked one, but continued going to all of the stores looking - guess which suit he got? Yep, at 9:15 PM he got fitted from the first store for a suit. Thank goodness we found a nice one though and it was 60% off with another 20% off on top - normally when we are running out at the last minute the savings is minimal so we were thrilled. I, however, wrecked the pedicure that I got yesterday b/c of the shoes I chose to wear (who knew that I couldn't wear shoes 7 hours after) so today I have to go back and buy some polish from them to try and fix what I destroyed. Not my best Monday night in awhile.

Finally, the paci. Who would have thought that my almost 1 year old would take to something that she has never seen so well. Yesterday I gave her a paci and she loves it. Most people are trying to take it away from their child at this point but not me, she will be enjoying it for the next 2 weeks while Matt and I attend funtions and someone else must make my babe fall asleep without her mama's boobs. We tried a bottle on her last week and she didn't want any part of that so this should be interesting, it is also the first time that I REALLY have ever left her with anyone for more than an hour - that is a post all in itself though.

So life here is still nuts but I have been playing with my Photoshop and it is so.much.fun! I tried making a header but was not happy with the results so I will continue working until I am. Also a big THANK YOU to Drea for answering some questions for me so that I can now get it to post.

2 comments:

Unknown Tuesday, December 04, 2007  

Sometimes I wish my one year old would take a paci. BUt he just stares at it, inspects it and throws it on the floor. He's a biter so chewing on a paci is much better than chewing on people. YIKES!!

Jennifer Wednesday, December 05, 2007  

Heck, sometimes I wish my THREE year old would take a paci! Hee. Whatever works is my motto. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons