Wordful Wednesday - Thrifting Goodness

>> Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My name is Jessie and I love Goodwill. Usually I stop in once a week. You just never know what you will find there. The hunt is so much fun! I am not much of a retail shopper anymore because I know what I can buy for a few dollars and can't justify spending so much more because it is new. Ruby went crazy when I pulled out her new purple dress from the rack. Is it an Easter dress? Nope. A birthday dress? Nope. What is it then? It is a dress she can wear everyday if she wants to because it was $3. My Ruby and Violet love to wear fancy dresses and I let them. The fancier the better.

3.13.12


This is Ruby's "look cute" face. Where she learns this stuff I don't know. She does look pretty cute though. And fancy. That position would give her mama a stiff neck and an appointment with the chiropractor :) To be young.

In addition to that gorgeous dress I also got an almost new pair of Keen sandals ($2.50), a pair of Born ballet flats for Piper ($2.50), a pair of Flowers by Zoe lounge pants for P ($3), a brand new tee shirt for P ($2), 2 swimsuits ($2 each), and 4 Rainbow Magic fairy books for P ($.50 each). We had just bought 1 of those at a book fair for $5. I NEVER buy new books but Daddy was with us so he let her. Not a bad haul right? Goodwill rocks!

3 comments:

Stacy Uncorked Wednesday, March 14, 2012  

You made a great haul! That dress is gorgeous - as is Ruby. :)


Signs of Spring At Last

Marcelle Thursday, March 15, 2012  

Love the dress and on the perfect model who is such a cutie pie

Claremont First Ward Thursday, March 15, 2012  

You found some amazing deals! I love thrift store shopping but our local Goodwills are way overpriced for second hand merchandise. For example, all jeans are $7.99. We have this Goodwill bookstore that I've bought hundreds of books from but they just raised their prices and stopped stocking good books so that's a HUGE bummer.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons