Playdoh

>> Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It is a definite favorite in our home with both girls. Violet likes to use cookie cutters and rolling pins and lately Piper has started to create things with hers. She made a face - way to go Piper! Honestly she would have used other colors but I didn't want to open up every single container that we had b/c then the Playdoh gets mixed together or gets hard so they were only allowed 1 each. I am probably holding back her creativity huh?


Today I let them open about 8 containers and have a good old time playing with it and when I asked them to clean up they ignored me. The second time I asked them to clean up Piper told me "No, I don't want to" and then headed to time out. I warned them to pick up and after asking a third time I threw their Playdoh away. I might not have had the guts to do this but a few weeks ago a friend of mine threw her children's toys away for the same reason and I thought to myself you know this is how they will learn. It still feels weird though.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons