Wordful Wednesday - Goth

>> Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My cousin from California was a sort of Goth girl in high school. She wore dark makeup and had a mohawk. If you aren't into the Goth scene it isn't probably a stage you dream your child will go through. Did you see the Raising Hope episode when Jimmy would only answer to Drakkar Noir? OMG that was hilarious (as is almost every episode but...)!


This year I asked Piper what she wanted to be for Halloween and gave me her normal "Let me think about it" answer she always does. I remembered a costume I got for $2 at Target a few years back when all Halloween went 90% off. The girls still love playing dress up so I scooped it up. When I showed the costume to Piper she said she would wear it trick or treating - such an easy going little girl.

She was invited to a classmate's Halloween themed birthday party this past weekend. I looked at it as dress rehearsal for the big day. Saturday afternoon I applied the makeup, fixed her hair so it was off her face, and helped her to get dressed. She rocked this costume!

Halloween 2011Halloween 2011


So we all pile in the car and head to the birthday party. We are driving through the neighborhood and since Piper had the invitation I asked her what the address was. She told me and I continued to hunt for it but couldn't find the house. I pulled over and asked her for the paper. As I was looking at it something clicked. It said 10/9/11 and I immediately realized it was the wrong day! It was the 8th! I am normally late for everything but for this party I was early. A whole day early! So we went home and I took a few more pictures of her :)

Gothic Bride


Baby girl had Awana on Sunday night right after the real party so Violet was sweet enough to lend her the Mary Had a Little Lamb costume she will be wearing this year. Goth girls (and guys) must use some heavy duty makeup remover because it was tough getting that off Piper on Saturday. I was for sure not going to attempt it on Sunday.

Halloween 2011


We have 2 more occasions to wear this and she can't wait! The last 2 shots in this set were processed with free Ghost Stories Photoshop Actions.

9 comments:

Ashley Sisk Tuesday, October 11, 2011  

I wasn't expecting that but she's gorgeous in goth.

debi10kids Wednesday, October 12, 2011  

wow! Those are stunning photos!
What a cool costume and a cool mama to allow it :)

EMily Wednesday, October 12, 2011  

Wow...that is awesome. 1. That show...awesome. 2. The fact that your daughter totally rocks the goth look is totally awesome!

Vivian Wednesday, October 12, 2011  

WOW!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!I am so doing this with with my daughter (hope it looks as good to her as it looks to yours) and pinning it, too!!! So following you now :)

Unknown Wednesday, October 12, 2011  

That is amazing! I don't know that it would be if it were her daily look, but as dress up it's so, so cool!

MelodyA.-HipMomma Thursday, October 13, 2011  

OH MY Goodness. That first top left picture, great! She is totally playing the part too.

And I love that show!! It's one of my faves ever.

Liz Mays Friday, October 14, 2011  

Quite possibly one of the best costumes I've ever seen!

Corey~living and loving Saturday, October 15, 2011  

oh my word.....that is awesome! she is totally a perfect model. the looks....wow! how did you do the lashes?

Buckeroomama Tuesday, October 18, 2011  

OMG, these are AWESOME!! You did a great job on the make-up and she totally rocked it. =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons