Our little Dove

>> Sunday, May 24, 2009

Today was the day that Piper has been working all year for - her dance recital. They were dancing to "Snow White, Kicked Up a Notch" - it was really cute from what I got to see (sadly only 2 songs). Last fall Piper decided that she wanted to be a ballerina after watching a Saturday morning cartoon with Angelina Ballerina in it (a mouse ballerina for the non-cartoon crowd). There were many times that I wasn't sure that we would make it to the recital today b/c she lost interest for about a month but then got right back into it again. Gosh, it was so worth it to watch her today - I was in tears seeing my oldest daughter dance, she is getting so big :( Unfortunately Ruby would not let me stay to watch much but I got to see Piper - thank goodness too (you will understand that after seeing the video). I gave pretty strict instructions (yes instructions) not to try anything fancy with the camera b/c it would look bad and this was important to me to have as a memory for our family. Well, hubs panned out (huh, what happened to instructions?) and then when he tightened back up again it was on the wrong little girl. Sooo, we now have 10+ seconds of Lilly, a little brunette from Piper's class, dancing instead of our daughter - if he would have just listened to me for once *shaking head*. Matt is available to video tape all of your special functions but beware that instead of the birthday girl he might tape the drunk uncle :)

3 comments:

Andrea Sunday, May 24, 2009  

How exciting!! I have a feeling that my hubby would do the same thing with the camera...guess that's why I normally take all the pictures. :)

btw...I can't see the video cause it says it's a private video when I click play. Just thought I'd let you know. :)

Andrea Monday, May 25, 2009  

I watched it now, and you're right....SOOOOO cute!!

michele Monday, May 25, 2009  

OMG Jess, LOVE IT!!! she is just the cutest ballerina ever!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons