Terrible Two's

>> Sunday, December 21, 2008

Let me start by saying that I don't like that term but some days it just seems so fitting. I have heard of it from other families but (forgive my ignorance at the time) thought "I have a 2 year old and she isn't like that". That would have been when Piper was 2, now 3 that is a different story and post :) So a long came Violet and the closer to 2 that our little princess is getting the more stressed out at her behavior I am getting. She is sassy like you would not believe, when she doesn't want to do something she will point at you scrunch her face up and yell "NO!" - huh? She disobeys most of the things that we ask her to do and we use timeouts but she isn't learning anything from them. Have I mentioned the drama? OMGoodness, she cries like it is the end of the world when you tell her she can't have/do something. Of course she wants to do everything that Piper does but doesn't realize that sometimes she can't, that takes her over the edge too. I know it will get better but what I am worried about is that coming up next is the 3's for her and after getting 1/2 way through them with Piper I may not have any hair left this time next year. Ah well, they have come a long way with plugs :)

Yesterday the family brought Piper to her ballet class b/c Matt hasn't had the chance yet to go and watch her. It was 70 - yes 70 here outside for the past few days so Violet and I took advantage of it and took a walk while Piper was dancing. I had her dressed with too much on so I took off the sweater after I took these pictures.

Her supermodel pose :)


4 comments:

Danielle Sunday, December 21, 2008  

Thanks for commenting! I can totally relate to this post. My four year old son is so complying and my almost 2 year old girl is drama queen and sassy and stubborn. Some days I really don't like the "mini-me"...ya know? :o)

Andrea Sunday, December 21, 2008  

oohhhh yeah. I got lucky and Tate has had NO terrible 2's (yet anywys!) but Emily? I think she might be a different story. She is WAY more stubborn than Tate ever was at her age...so yeah, I think I've got it coming with her!

Those are super cute pics by the way. :)

Mrs. Stam Monday, December 22, 2008  

Those picture are super cute!!!! Rebekah as been having the "terrible two's" for a couple months now

It's seams that I'm disciplining her all day! We do have fun but their is more "No, don't do that, don't hit" coming out of my mouth that I would like to!

Ps your tag for a meme on my blog!

And Merry Christmas!

The Mantel Family Tuesday, December 23, 2008  

Welcome to 2! It doesn't get better either. 3 is way worse than 2 BUT I was always told that at 4 the switch turns and all is well. It was true for Mags and I'm praying every day that the same happens with Emma. She is horrible. She was the sweetest baby and I never thought she would get this sassy but she did. She whines too which drives me up the wall. Look at the bright side ... Violet sure is pretty! Love you all!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons