Monkey See Monkey Do

>> Saturday, February 16, 2008

I was in the kitchen making breakfast when I heard Piper in the living room say

"It's ok baby, it's ok"

Well, Violet was in with me so who was she talking too? Her doll. She had her shirt just slightly raised and the doll against her belly, when I asked her what she was doing she said "Nursing baby" - AWWW!!! Now, this photo was taken during our morning tv time so she was in a trance and wasn't moving which was how I was able to get a quick picture.



There are so many times that I beat myself up as a mother, I don't know if I am doing things right or wrong. Am I yelling too much or not enough? Will my daughter fall horribly behind b/c I am not sending her to preschool when she is 3? Will our decision of a family bed bite us in the butt when they are all still in there at 10 and we have 2 king sized beds shoved together so everyone can fit? Who knows the answers but then in 1 moment of sweetness I see my 2 year old nursing her baby doll (she also nurses her duck) and I just feel like we are doing OK. I will also see Piper in her playroom putting one of her stuffed friends in the ring sling that I made for her and love that her father and I (hopefully) have taught our girl to be a future babywearer. We have seen Violet screaming and all Piper has to do is go over to her and pet her head whispering "Shhhh baby" and the baby's mood lightens, she just has that soothing effect on her sister. Those are the times when I figure that we must be doing something right :) On the funny side the other day when we were pulling out of our driveway a car was coming and we had to wait for them to pass and out of the backseat I hear "Move it people" - darn it they do listen to everything :)

This last picture is just b/c it CRACKS ME UP when Piper tells you to "Just listen" and puts her hand IN FRONT of her ear :) She makes me smile a million times a day.

1 comments:

Kim Sunday, February 17, 2008  

That was just lovely. My two youngest are about the ages of your girls (I think) and I feel the same way, are we doing this right? But my toddler adores his baby and is always making sure he knows where his brother is and so I think, something is clicking.

I love the photo of her nursing her dolly, it shows how much you've taught her.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons