Cooking with the kiddos

>> Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Lately Piper has decided that she enjoys helping me do various things around the house. She has been known to grab the wipes in my bag and clean walls or tables, who the heck knows where she got that from. Anyway, I have been letting her help me cook and it has been so much fun. This past Sunday I was making a meal for a friend that just had a baby and I had Piper help me make the no bake cookies that I was bringing her for dessert. All the ingredients were either a 1/2 cup or a full cup so we used the 1/2 cup and practiced our counting. Piper has started counting a little in Spanish so we counted to 6 in Spanish while adding the oats. Everyone in the house loves chocolate and as you can see Piper had to taste test before it was done. Look at her corny "cheese" face - crazy girlie.



I have found a little music class that both girls can participate in together in our area, we were SUPPOSED to have gone today but all 3 of us are sick. Piper woke up the past 2 nights coughing and unable to sleep, I don't like medicating her but the girl has to sleep you know? A teaspoon of Benedryl later she was a little better - at least she fell back to sleep. Still not herself today but hopefully this won't last! Remember when I said that our Violet came home from the beach with an extra tooth? Well, the other 2 bottoms came over the past 4 days. My baby has 8 teeth! Whew, maybe we are done now for awhile huh?

Here is my words of advice for the day. DON'T SIGN UP FOR ANY FREE SAMPLES ON THE INTERNET!! I innocently tried to get a free sample of some cleaning product and after I filled out the form (no REAL personal info) it brought me to ANOTHER page where it wanted me to fill out more stuff. I closed out of it but now I am getting about 100 spam emails A DAY! Could I be any more disappointed in myself? I know better than this. You know what my husband said when I told him? "Why didn't you just spend the $3 to try it and if you didn't like it throw it away" Nice - but right!


Last picture of the day - the way that Piper says "Cookie Monster" is so.darn.cute! When I found this velvety purple Cookie Monster pullover at the consignment sale (for $1.00!!) I snatched it up, it is her FAVORITE shirt at the moment. This shot was from Saturday after we went to the Etsy sale and farmer's market. She was running from one end of the deck to the other, ahh the energy of the young - wish it could be bottled. I love how you can see her monster booty in the window - have a great Tuesday!

3 comments:

Andrea Tuesday, October 16, 2007  

I love those cooking pictures...such a cute face! haha :) I can't wait until Tate'll like helping me in the kitchen!

Anonymous Wednesday, October 17, 2007  

She looks like she is having a blast cooking!

mAsOn & tErrI's mOm Saturday, October 20, 2007  

i LOVE her face in the second picture!! SHe is so adorable!

WAIT I thought I got the cookie monster jacket at the consignment sale for a dollar! I did...but Terris actually is blue and furry like the actual cookie monster!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons