Happy Birthday Piper!

>> Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Where has the time gone? I am sure that many mamas go through this at birthdays. Our babes are getting so big and it just seemed like yesterday that we were holding them for the first time and taking them home from the hospital. I remember when she was just born how after being laid on my belly she just stared into my eyes for like 15 minutes, she melted my heart. We joked that she had a birthmark on her hand that was shaped like a kiss and since have told her that it is a kiss from an angel.

Baby Piper


Our girl is 2!
Piper's Cake



We had a wonderful treat this year because Piper's Grandma and Grandpa Lucas, Uncle Peter and Aunt Sam, and cousins Addi & Chloe all came down to celebrate with us! We don't get to see the family too much being transplants to NC and it is always fun when they come to town. Joining Piper for her 2nd birthday was also our dear friends Shawna & Brian, Amber & Andy, Howard & Connie, Lynnie, and fellow July birthday girls Lisa and Jerry. We had a fun time and Matt enjoyed his role as Grill Master.

Grill Master


The rain was thinking about hitting us but decided to only spit so we were able to enjoy some cool breezes and wonderful overcast skies. Couldn't have been a better day. All kiddies slept like logs after the festivities. Thank you to all who came and shared our daughter's special day with us!

2 comments:

mAsOn & tErrI's mOm Sunday, July 22, 2007  

Wait...I wasn't invited? !!! I want whats on that grill!

I know exactly what you mean about them growing up so fast. Wait till she gets 4 ..then 5 is just around the corner..you'll go in there in the middle of the night an kiss and hug her for no reason. {Wait thats whatI do!}

I can't believe my little boy is going to be 5 in Oct.

I'm glad ya'll had a good day! She is too cute!

Keep taking plenty of pictures (I can't seem to find many between Mason being 2 and 4) I think I was running after him too much then.

Did you go to TBW thing in freedom?
I passed. Maybe next time!

We should get together sometime.:-D

Jessie Tuesday, July 24, 2007  

That would have been a long drive for some chicken *wink*. Just a little family party. Did not go to the meeting at Freedom, could not get it together in time. Funny, you are the ONLY person who reads my lame blog :) I seriously am doing it to try and remember some things b/c I can't find the time to blog like I should. Thanks for reading though, I get to yours when I have a chance. You're a popular girl! Talk to you soon mama!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons