Come sail away

>> Tuesday, August 5, 2008

If only we could have :) Yesterday our good friend Billy came over to give us a surprise ride on his sailboat. We almost didn't think we would make it out of our dock b/c his rope broke to start the motor BUT being the good captain he is he had a spare so off we went.



Piper just wanted to go out to the little beach near our house and swim so she wasn't very into the ride OR me taking pictures of her but Violet was chanting "Wheeeee, wheeeee" almost the entire time.



Once we got out on the lake from our cove we realized just what dead calm meant as there was NO WIND to be found. Billy put up the sail so the girls could see it but we just sat there :( Hopefully he will come back when there is a bit more wind b/c I think it would be cool to sail our lake.



After we got home Piper got her wish. Matt let the girls swim for about 15 minutes while I got dinner going.



Awesome night - big thanks for getting our butts out of the house to Billy!!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons