Memories, Dreams, and Reflections - 2011

>> Sunday, January 1, 2012

Last year I enjoyed doing this recap with Ashley at Ramblings and Photos that I decided to participate again. I really like going through my blog because it brings back so many little memories for me that I might have forgotten.

Me!
What did I accomplish? I did a 52 week selfie project and pretty regularly blogged all year. I try everyday to be a better mama then the day before and sometimes I actually am. I try to make our home a place that the girls love to come back to and I try to make our lives somewhat fun. I chose this selfie because I was holding the camera "At Arms Length" and nailed the focus. Total luck :)

6/52


I Love You
Matt and the girls 4.28.11


Still Laughing
I mean like since she was about 6 months old. Our little one tickles me. I get mad at her and she goes and does something that completely cracks me up. Makes parenting hard when you have a little comedian like our Ruby running around.
9.8.11


Winter Wonderland
The south can't handle winter. It isn't their fault because they don't normally have to. So when it snows things shut down. For a long time. Like 5 days this past winter. Crazy right?
Cold2


Birthday
I turned 40 this past March. I know I don't look a day over 39 right? My girls in true zoo party fashion worked for days on homemade presents for me. I have saved each and every scrap.
box1 (1 of 1)


Friends
We totally slacked on the Girls Nights this year. Everyone was so busy and we were all going here and there. When you have a group that can pick up right where you left off though even a few times a year is better than none.
girls night (1 of 1)


I Was Inspired
This summer during our Ohio visit I did a photo walk of my husband's grandparents home. They raised their whole family in that house and sadly passed away at the end of 2010. The memories that little house holds. This is just 1 of the collages that I made. The others can be seen on the original blog post.
Walking 4


Spring Fever
My girls bring me lots of flowers. I need to plant a lot more so that we can enjoy them outside and inside. What mama doesn't love a bouquet of daisies?
daisies


Vacation
My favorite time of the year. Vacation. Our family heads to the beach and we spend the entire week being lazy and having fun. How many months until our next one?
Topsail


Summer Days
What says summer more than barbecues and s'mores? These were no ordinary s'mores though. We used Reese Cups. Oh.My.Yumminess
s'mores


A Day In My Life
I did this one for my selfie project. I miss that little baby that has been replaced with a little person.
5/52


All Smiles
This is still my favorite shot of our 6 pack from this summer. Oh to be young and carefree like this. Maybe this should be my goal for 2012 - be carefree. Not sure I have it in me anymore.
cousins and friends


Autumn Harvest
I am not sure about harvest as by the time we got to the orchard there were barely any apples left. We will go earlier this year for sure! Still a memory right?
10.1.11


Family
My family means everything to me. These girls are my whole life. Lazy moments like this just hanging out, searching for a 4 leaf clover, and talking are my favorite. Look at those lovely long locks! There are so many days that I miss them but the crying every morning when they had to get their hair combed was sort of miserable.
motherhood


Celebrate!
We do love us a good Fat Tuesday party here at the zoo! It has become another of our traditions. The girls have the most fun making the masks and seeing if their piece of king cake has the princess. One day I will find a baby :) My favorite part of the celebration is seeing everyone have a great time together.
us (1 of 1)


Let's Do It Again
My girls and I love to travel. They have turned into really good little travelers if I do say so myself. In November we traveled to central Florida for the wedding of my friend Sarah. We had so.much.fun hanging out on the beach and swimming in the freezing heated pool. I look forward to the places 2012 will take us!
beach sign


I Miss You
I grieved this year. Even though my miscarriage was at the end of 2010 the pain I feel makes it seem like it was just yesterday.
Shining through the fog
Like a peaceful reminder
Brighter days will come
11.8.11 Foggy Sunrise


Beautiful
Most people that see our Piper for the first time say "Oh my look at her beautiful blue eyes". I realize I choose a black and white shot but you can still see how beautiful they are. My blue eyed beauty.
2.10.11


Dress Up
I still can't believe that this is Piper. Her costume rocked this year! She was just such a beautiful gothic bride. Girl owned it!
Gothic Bride


Macro
I don't own a macro lens so this was a tough one for me. I did get this shot though. Just a random bug from our yard.
cricket


Holidays
This was our Christmas tree. Only a few ornaments but mostly decorated by the girls. I will love remembering this tree. The year mama didn't put up ornaments.
Now don't be jealous


My Favorite
I took a lot of pictures in 2011 but this is my favorite. Violet has always been a cute kid but sometime during her 4th year she came into her own. Now she is a beautiful little, quirky, fun-loving girl. This shot of her takes my breath away.
Violetta


Don't Ever Change
But she already is. Growing up and becoming a big girl every day. I wish I could keep them all my sweet little girls. I have them a little longer :)
Soft and Sweet


Just Because...So There!
I love this shot of us in my yard ball.
Yard Globe


Hopes and Dreams
I hope to continue meeting new people through blogging. Of course I hope to challenge myself over the course of the next year with new projects and I will be continuing with my selfie project. It really made me get creative and some days I just snap randomly. Mostly I hope for happiness and good health for our family and friends. Peace!

23 comments:

Lui Sunday, January 01, 2012  

This is such a special series!
I can imagine you making a mini book of it to treasure forever!

Buckeroomama Sunday, January 01, 2012  

Haha, I just read your comment on mine and I was about the say the same thing!

Thank you, too, for your sweet words. I meant what I said on my post. :)

Patrice Sunday, January 01, 2012  

These are just gorgeous...your pictures struck a cord with me! Love your selfie shots...Blessings to you in the new year!

4 Lettre Words Sunday, January 01, 2012  

Wonderful choices...and such a beautiful family! I really love that "inspired" collage. (Should be in a magazine.)

Happy 2012 to you and yours!

SarahinSC Sunday, January 01, 2012  

What a beautiful family you have! Happy 2012!

Tamar SB Sunday, January 01, 2012  

What a great look back! our girls are just precious and I bet they will bring many more smiles to your face this year!

Anonymous Sunday, January 01, 2012  

Beautiful set! Many memories to cherrish! I'm just amazed by your macro and self-portrait shot!
Happy New Year!

Claremont First Ward Sunday, January 01, 2012  

Happy New Year. Your images from the year are just gorgeous!

Sarah Sunday, January 01, 2012  

Beautiful photos! I especially love the b&w's. Happy 2012!

Ashley Sisk Sunday, January 01, 2012  

What an incredible set - your girls are all so pretty and Piper's costume totally rocked. I can't get over your eyelashes in the first shot.

Gina Kleinworth Sunday, January 01, 2012  

Really- they all are amazing!!! That shot for beautiful is nothing short for sure!!!!!!

Unknown Sunday, January 01, 2012  

What a beautiful collection of photos and memories!

Stasha Sunday, January 01, 2012  

What a beautiful set. I loved each and every shot. Happy 2012!

Mamarazzi Sunday, January 01, 2012  

your photos are amazing!!
what a wonderful review.

i am out blog jogging today. I am visiting the blogs of the person who commented before me in the comment thread and commenting on their blog (did you follow all that?)...i came from Kelly's @ Who Me.

trulymegs Monday, January 02, 2012  

Beautiful photos! I also did a 52 week self portrait project--I love the one you shared!

Christine E-E Monday, January 02, 2012  

your MDR shares the "tenderness" you feel for your family! what an adorable trio of little princesses you have - you'll have to "lock the doors" when they become pre-teens!
your macro shot is amazing! you don't need a special lens, just a great subject!

Anika Monday, January 02, 2012  

What beautiful photos!!
Really beautiful memories...the all smiles one is perfect, so cute.
Happy new year!

Anne U @ hot coffee mama Monday, January 02, 2012  

Amazing photos, your little girls are so precious. Really loved your favorite shot.

Unknown Tuesday, January 03, 2012  

Oh I love this series, such beauties you have!!Imagine looking back at this in 10 yrs

Katie Tuesday, January 03, 2012  

What a beautiful set of photographs! And I am so stealing your idea of reese's cups in the smores - that sounds amazing!

I hope you and your family have a fabulous 2012!

Tara Tuesday, January 03, 2012  

These are all gorgeous. I just adore all of these! Happy New Year!

Tara Tuesday, January 03, 2012  

These are all gorgeous. I just adore all of these! Happy New Year!

Michelle Tuesday, January 03, 2012  

Wow, you did such a great job on your 2011 reflections. I wish I would have taken the time to participate but I was being super lazy.

Your photo's always inspire and amazed me. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons