Team Up Thursday - Old

>> Thursday, August 26, 2010

When I saw this challenge I knew it was going to be tough. In fact I waited until Wednesday to do my shot b/c I couldn't decide. My girlfriend suggested this old barn, see I never even thought of this. It is a pretty famous barn though. Do you know where you have seen it before?



Just look at how cute Snickers is. Sweet old boy. Angie's dog reminds me of our Mabel with the gray snout I only hope she is as spunky as him in another 3 years when she is 13.

Check out more Team Up Thursdays at Melody's and Megan's.



If you are still reading and/or interested the barn is from the movie Days of Thunder and is still standing here in the town that I live. I am not sure how much longer b/c it is getting pretty old. There is poison ivy around it and I only can imagine the snakes that call it home so I just took it from far away leaving my kids in the safety of our van. Seniors take pictures there but I think I am scared to do that with my curious brood. Maybe when they're older if another bank or auto store hasn't torn it down to build on by then :)

9 comments:

Liz Mays Thursday, August 26, 2010  

Sometimes I will stop if I'm driving just to snap pictures of old barns. I love that one!!!

Joey Lynn Resciniti Thursday, August 26, 2010  

I didn't remember Days of Thunder having a barn, I was thinking more Bonnie & Clyde or something.

Looks cool, if it doesn't fall down on your head!

HipMomma-MelodyA. Thursday, August 26, 2010  

That is an awesome old barn. I think I might be a little leary too taking photos of your kiddos there. The older kids I might risk it. :)

You never know how kids are gonna take to school. My older more reserved girl, I thought would be more difficult. But she went right in too. V is so social and loves making friends so I would have thought that she'd be the easy one! And V started kinder with her blanket stuffed in the bottom of her backpack but within a few days said she didn't need it at school. I was just worried that it wouldn't make it back home. That would have been just awful. So glad Piper is doing well.

Buckeroomama Thursday, August 26, 2010  

I love your shot of the barn, but uh, I think I won't get too close to it either, especially after you mentioned those critters that probably call that barn a home!

Denise Thursday, August 26, 2010  

I love this barn and I love that you did it in black and white. great shot!

Megan Thursday, August 26, 2010  

oh, i love old barns. i drove by my favorite yesterday, only to see it had been torn down while i was away :(. great shot!

Siobhan Friday, August 27, 2010  

Thank-u for stopping by my blog....ohhh love old charm, great shot!

bBchronicles Friday, August 27, 2010  

These photos are PERFECT for your theme! Old barns are a favorite of mine - this one ROCKS! Gives me chills to think what is living inside!!!!! Love the old dog - ALWAYS TUGS at my heart-strings. Great job, you guys.

Killlashandra Friday, August 27, 2010  

Now that's an interesting bit of knowledge about the barn, it did look kind of familiar but I never would have placed it without you telling me. What an awesome "old" shot though. I love Snickers too. Great combo this week. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons