Team Up Thursday - Big

>> Thursday, August 19, 2010

I am a transplant to the south. I am told I have an accent and sometimes say strange words. I have adapted well though and words or phrases that are very normal in central Wisconsin aren't really in my vocabulary anymore. Kind of a shame b/c I think a word like "bubbler" is WAY better than water fountain any day of the week. So as they laugh at me I sort of smile back sometimes too. Every once in a while a word tickles me. Back when I was working outside of the house my boss used to refer to long grass as "big grass". When I saw this challenge it was what I immediately thought of. My husband has been swamped at work and hasn't got home until even later than normal. This shot is off the play area that is supposed to be covered in mulch. Hmmm, it is hidden by the forest right now. Now that is some BIG grass! Angie sent me a shot of their beautiful horse. Look at how big it is! Wow. My girls would probably be shy of that one.



Check out more Team Up Thursdays at Melody's and Megan's.



Hey mamas of girls - don't forget to enter the giveaway for some custom hairbands and bows. Perfect for back to school!

6 comments:

Kimberly Thursday, August 19, 2010  

Yup, that's some big grass right there. But so purty and green! ;)

Hey, fwiw, I really like the term bubbler. Never heard that one before!

Jen Thursday, August 19, 2010  

That is some BIG grass. The horse is beautiful and yes, very big. I think I would be a little shy of that one too.

HipMomma-MelodyA. Thursday, August 19, 2010  

I love bubbler! But who came up with that? That reminds me of when I heard that cotton candy is sometimes called fairy floss. I told the girls I want to start calling it fairy floss, so much more fun.

That is big grass. We have so many snakes in our neck so I would worry about that. But it happens, I know. And the two pics paired perfectly.

Pamela Fillhouer Thursday, August 19, 2010  

whoa! BIG grass. beautiful photos.

Buckeroomama Friday, August 20, 2010  

Now that is some BIG grass! :)

...and "bubbler" is just so perfect!

Joey Lynn Resciniti Friday, August 20, 2010  

That horse will probably reach across for a bite of the big grass eventually. It looks yummy. For a horse.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons