Lucky & Tink

>> Friday, August 6, 2010

The story leader teased the children on Wednesday before starting to read the book all about fish. If I remember she said "We have a very special surprise in a little bit that has to do with fish". I am thinking "SCORE, they are going to give my girls fish crackers today" - I forgot to bring ours. Well, the book ended and she motioned to another lady from the library to bring over a glass container with A REAL FISH swimming around it. What? I glanced to see my girls excited faces and knew that they were coming home with us. Ugh! We have a cat, did I mention that? I don't have a fish tank at the house. This is crazy! What is a mama to do? Stop at the pet store and spend $6 on a little covered tank so that the fish aren't Lily's dinner tonight.



We put them in their room. Piper and Violet checked on them constantly. Thank goodness b/c at least I would know right away when they went belly up and it would't get all stinky in there. That is exactly what happened Thursday morning. They told me that Lucky was dead. Of course it was Piper's fish and she cried, and cried, and cried. I told her when we get back from the beach I might let them get a hermit crab.

Seriously. Who gives real fish?

5 comments:

Buckeroomama Friday, August 06, 2010  

Oh, fish! Couldn't they have just given out fish stickers? LOL!

Poor Piper! My friend's 5yo daughter missed one day of school because she was so distraught when one of her fish went belly up. My friend had to help her "bury" the fish in a park!

Joey Lynn Resciniti Friday, August 06, 2010  

Well that's a first! Just when you think the library is safe.

Kelly Sunday, August 08, 2010  

My sister in law just took Lyndsy to a fair and she came home with a fish. Right now he is in one of my glass bowls that I use for baking! I don't want to go buy food though because I'm afraid he'll kick the bucket too soon!

Kimberly Sunday, August 08, 2010  

I'm headed to the library tomorrow. Here's hoping we leave with a free book and no fishies. LOL!

Cara Monday, August 09, 2010  

OMG that too funny,not about the fish dying, but that the library gave them out.
We have a huge tank, 55 gallons, and from time to time I find our cat Pixel on the top trying to get her paw through a small opening.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons