Our Family Bed

>> Saturday, June 2, 2007

You want to get raised eyebrows or a disapproving "Ahh" tell people that you have a family bed. Heck, mention that we don't only have a family bed but we also have dogs in there with the 4 of us and you will be sure to almost get a head shake. Before our 2nd baby was born we ordered an Arms Reach Universal Co-Sleeper because there was already 3 of us in our king-sized bed and we were worried about adding a newborn. It is now 5 months later and our little one rolls all over the co-sleeper waking her up. To get some sleep I bring her into our bed and sleep contorted until morning. Last week we went to Sweet Dreams Mattress and purchased a twin bed to put next to our king-sized bed to make a sort of bed island in our room. My husband is convinced that I am slowly working him out of our bed but that will be a whole other post. As far as sleeping goes, I was raised by my Great-Grandmother who co-slept with us before there was that fancy little name. It is what I know and now I know why she did it, I love having my girls close and if they wake up I can soothe them back to sleep and in the morning I love that my oldest rolls over and gives me a big kiss first thing. Although it is not ideal for every family we will continue co-sleeping until our girls (and dogs) decide that they want their own space.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons