Happy 5th Birthday Piper!

>> Thursday, July 15, 2010

5 years ago my blood pressure had spiked and the doctor decided to induce me. I was a nervous wreck yet so excited. Seriously it felt like I was in labor FOR.EVAH! I will never forget them telling me that we had a baby girl. You see the u/s tech "accidently" kept referring to our baby as a male fetus even though we specifically told her we weren't finding out the sex. We bought the same small amount of blue and pink clothes and since we never saw the actual "proof" we decided to go through the rest of the pregnancy having the sex be a surprise. Well it was! The minute that they put that little girl down on my belly I was in love. I counted the toes and fingers and gave her tons of kisses. Piper has the most blue eyes and stared intently at me until they took her away to clean her. She also has a distinct birth mark. It is the shape of lips and we tell her that she was kissed by an angel. Matt and I joked that there was no losing her b/c of that mark. Matt never left her side the entire time we were in the hospital. When she had to leave the room he went with her. Piper is growing into such a sweet, generous, and fun loving girl. It is so hard for me to believe that she is already going to be in Kindergarden as the memory of her birth is still so vivid in my mind. Time is flying by too quickly.

Happy Birthday Piper Joy




She awoke to princess balloons and requested raisin bran for breakfast (yes I offered her ANYTHING). For supper she has chosen Red Robin for her birthday meal. They will sing to her there and give her a sundae big enough to split with the other girls. There are a few presents for her to open when we get home to finish off the day.

5 comments:

Michelle @Flying Giggles Thursday, July 15, 2010  

So sweet! We were going to wait and be suprised, but I could not handle the anticipation!

My daughter also has a small birthmark on her stomache. We told her that is where we kissed her when she was born. A few weeks ago, we were at my sister in laws house swimming. I overheard my niece ask Aiyana was the spot on her stomache was. She replied, "That is where my mommy and daddy kissed me when I was born."

Happy Birthday Piper...have a fabulous day and have fun at Red Robin!

Andrea Thursday, July 15, 2010  

Happy Birthday Piper!! Sounds like you had a great day. :)

Mrs. Stam Thursday, July 15, 2010  

Happy birthday sweet little lady :-)

Leslie Thursday, July 15, 2010  

Happy Birthday Miss Piper!

Emily Dodge Friday, July 16, 2010  

Happy Birthday Princess Piper!!! From the whole gang here to you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons