Crafty Tuesday - Silhouette

>> Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Last week's Team Up Thursday got me motivated to attempt a project that I have wanted to do since I saw it last summer at my girlfriend Julie's house. A silhouette of our kids to hang on the wall. Today was as good of a day as any right? I lined them up and took a few mug shots :) You will notice that there are only 2 girls done and that would be b/c Ruby doesn't fear me yet lol :) That baby will not sit still for anything so I will get her another time - right.

I cropped the pictures so that the heads would be as large as possible.



Then I printed them out on our b/w printer. While I was downstairs (where the printer is located) I went to gather supplies.
Black card stock - check
Large white sheet of poster paper - check
X acto knives - hmm...missing
Ring, ring
"Matt, do you know where the x acto knives are?"
"They're not down stairs?"
"Nope"
"They might be in the garage"
I wandered around for the next 20 minutes thinking "If I were my husband putting the x acto knives away where would I put them?" Never finding them we went to Michael's armed with my handy 40% off coupon to buy my own knive.

Now is where the project starts to gain steam :) I carefully cut out the pictures



Taped them to the black card stock and cut that out



Taped to the white paper and put in some really cheap frames that I got from Michaels (9.xx for 3). I wanted to get them from a thrift store but yesterday they were $4 each at Value Village and up to $8 each at Goodwill.



I love them and so do Piper and Violet. As a huge added bonus I even used my quilting mat to do my cutting on. It doesn't ever get used for sewing anymore but at least it isn't sitting unloved all the time :)

6 comments:

Mrs. Stam Tuesday, July 27, 2010  

that is sooo cool I love it!

Andrea Tuesday, July 27, 2010  

Those are great! What a fun idea. :)

Claremont First Ward Tuesday, July 27, 2010  

Your silhouettes turned out so well. Thank you for the wonderful tutorial!

Chrissy Tuesday, July 27, 2010  

Thank you so much for sharing! They came out gorgeous!

Mama.Mommy.Mom. Tuesday, July 27, 2010  

Project for this week! They look awesome!

Rachael Wednesday, July 28, 2010  

They look wonderful, great job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons