What to do about the Swine Flu?

>> Friday, September 25, 2009

I was totally stressed about this when it first came to the US b/c Ruby was a newborn. What do we do as parents about protecting our babes from it though? Is it really as bad as they make it out to be - verdict is out for me on that. Before it was just do we or don't we get the flu shot but now with this whole Swine flu that is out there what to do, what to do? My husband gets the flu shot every year but I don't and neither have our girls. This year though we have Piper in preschool getting and bringing home germs and this little baby that we have to worry about. Can I say how much I love our pediatrician. I hope that everyone who is a parent loves theirs as much as I do. This is a person I can ask any question to and feel very comfortable with and most of all I trust her completely. She has helped educate us and we have come to our decision on what to do.

On a side note - this baby was not this happy when I took the picture, I am not sure how I got her to smile at all for me. We started her vaccinations Wednesday and she was mis.er.able! Poor thing. Anyway, I got the outfit she is wearing for Piper when she was 1 and Violet wore it at about 8-9 months and here is Ruby probably wearing it the only time at the ripe old age of 6 months! Yesterday was 87 or so degrees outside so I pulled it out - I am going to miss my babe's wool when she grows out of the last of it :( I so love the curled toes :)

3 comments:

Kelly Friday, September 25, 2009  

I'm with ya. I don't know what to think about the whole thing either. Our pediatrician is wonderful. She did tell me one time though that my daughters live in a petri dish though. (She was being silly) With me teaching 2nd grade, 2 kids in daycare, and one of them in preschool is enough to cause anyone to worry about germs.

Andrea Friday, September 25, 2009  

Yeah...it's an interesting topic. But seeing as I am biased when it comes to this topic - we don't and won't vaccinate our kids - we obviously won't be getting the swine flu vac. Honestly? I don't think it's nearly as bad as they say it is...they don't even know if it's actually going to happen...and I think that if we did get the flu, as long as we take good care of ourselves and stay inside, warm, drink as much as we can to stay hydrated and take vitamins (even my babies get these. :) ), eat healthy, etc....that we'll all be just fine. Good luck with your choice though! And that really is a cute pic. of Ruby!

KarieK Saturday, September 26, 2009  

She is so cute. Poor baby! I can tell you how scary the whole flu thing is but we have been so BLESSED to not have any sick kids in the last 2 years!! I KNOW!! No flu shots either. Blessings, lots of healthy foods, and hand washings I guess. Hang in there if it heads your way.

Have a good weekend mama!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons