MerleFest 2012

>> Monday, April 30, 2012

This was our first year going. I told my husband that Alison Krauss was playing on Sunday afternoon and that I thought we should go. I had "liked" MerleFest on Facebook and saw that it is a family friendly event and kids under 12 get in free. Where does that happen these days. Not to mention they have a huge kids area with a ton of crafts and shows for the littles all for free. What sweetened our deal was last week I won tickets to go. Super cool!

Steam punk Piper

There was this awesome Steampunk hat so I had to have one of my kids try it on. Then the guy told me that it was $350. That's him in the background probably laughing at us when I said "Be very careful with that one because we can't buy it".

Sand car

This is a sand sculpture. Ah-mazing! Let's see if our girls can do this in the new sand box out back next week. I have high expectations don't I?

Bubbles

Again, SO much for our kiddos to do. We weren't even able to do it all! Next year we will start on the kids tents earlier.

Show

Fun interactive show that our girls didn't get up during one time! I enjoyed it very much as well which is pretty cool if you are a parent of littles. Sometimes kid shows are painful to get through!

Daddy's girl

Why he thought carrying his 46 pound 6 year old was smart I don't know. He will say "She was right" tomorrow :)

Untitled

I took this after people were leaving. It was shoulder to shoulder on the hill watching the fabulous bands all day long. Act after act didn't ever disappoint. The evening ended with Alison Krauss and Union Station. Her voice is angelic. Hearing Dan Tyminski sing gets your toes tapping for sure. Definitely a band to see!

The gang
The gang. So.much.fun!


Merlefest tuckered everyone out. Except Ruby.

And the ride home. I carried Ruby to and from the car in the Beco so she took a 2.5 minute cat nap and then resisted falling asleep in the van. Eventually she did but she chatted with us half the ride home which was like 30 minutes.

Again, such a great day! Not to mention everyone there is planning on going again next year! Can't wait!

2 comments:

Ashley Sisk Monday, April 30, 2012  

It looks like ya'll had an awesome time!

Andrea Tuesday, May 01, 2012  

Seriously, not only are your kids freakin' adorable, but you take some awesome pictures, woman. :) Just had to tell you that. I squee when I look at those faces.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons