How does your garden grow?

>> Thursday, April 12, 2012

Have you started your veggie garden yet? We got ours in the ground last week when it was averaging 80 degrees everyday and then this week the nights are getting cold again. I am sitting here in my home with all the windows closed because it is 46 degrees at almost 9am. What happened Mother Nature?

This year we scaled back a little and planted 3 yellow squash, 3 zucchini, 3 eggplants, 2 red pepper plants, 2 jalapeno plants, and 5 tomato plants. I also have a patio tomato on our deck as well as 2 pots with peas that I am not sure will do anything but Piper brought them home from school.

view (1 of 1)

We won't get quite enough produce to make it all summer without buying veggies but besides buying peppers we might be close on everything else. We eat a ton of peppers. I wish that I were more of a green thumb but it doesn't really come naturally for me and I tend to kill things. The veggie gardens that we have had in the past have ranged from very nicely weeded to full of morning glory after I am gone for 2 weeks in the summer. I am going to have the girls help me this year though as a sort of learning experience.

piper (1 of 1)

The day that I get to pick my first tomato will make all the work that goes into a vegetable garden so worth it!

tomato (1 of 1)

2 comments:

DeLise Thursday, April 12, 2012  

We are planning to do one here too! It will be my first time so I'm excited about it! Would you believe it never dawned on my to plant the things we would normally eat! I was just gonna plant the packs we got from various outings in the area! DUH!!! We still have a frost here but i hope to get started soon!

Mama.Mommy.Mom. Monday, April 16, 2012  

I need to get my plants bought and in the ground. I always try to wait until the 15th. Perhaps that will be my project Wednesday morning while the kids are in school. Alas, this morning has already been lost to hair dye.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons