Toot Toot - Chuga Chuga

>> Sunday, January 18, 2009

I am done and it is noon on Sunday! Thank you Matt for helping out and keeping the girls busy this morning (and also to Mickey Mouse and Frosty). I don't think that it turned out half bad for only being the 2nd "decorated" cake that I have ever attempted in my life. Of course it totally could be featured over at Cake Wrecks but Ha! I didn't pay for it :) I did learn a few valuable lessons from this though.
1. Make the frosting a few days ahead of time so you aren't trying to do too many things at once.
2. When baking multiple cakes and making this much frosting either have or borrow (I borrowed) a Kitchen Aid mixer - it was a life saver for sure!
3. When trying to decorate the cake don't talk on the phone at the same time. This morning I was trying to "multi-task" and my cake fell over resulting in me having to fix it and not so well I might add.
4. Make extra white frosting and keep it off to the side in case your cake falls over and you need more to fix it :)
5. Don't try and get fancy by adding chocolate chips to your cake unless you know how to keep them from just falling to the bottom while cooking, I do not have this skill. We have a "layer" cake now, 1/2 yellow cake (top) and 1/2 chocolate chip yellow cake (bottom), so not what I was visioning.

Here it is - don't laugh at the cookies, I realize it looks like a 5th grader might have made them but it was actually me :)




Hopefully I will get pictures from the party today up in the next few days. Now, off to shower and try and get the red food coloring that has stained my hands and nails off :)

2 comments:

Andrea Sunday, January 18, 2009  

That is SOOO good!! WAY better than any cake I've ever made! Way to go mama! :)

Rachael Sunday, January 18, 2009  

The cake looks great!

Hope the party goes well, can't wait to see pictures!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons