Here we come zoo!

>> Tuesday, February 19, 2008

That is what Piper was saying when we got on the highway this morning
"Yes Piper, here we come zoo"
"Here we come Giraffes" (then elephants, monkeys, lions, etc. etc. ending with meerkats)
I am not sure who has more fun when the girls and I do a field trip to the zoo. There is Piper who loves all the animals so much, Violet who is on my back most of the time making sounds (sss, fish kiss noise, elephant noise, monkey noise) when she sees the animals, or me getting to watch my girls have such great times! Thank goodness the meerkats were out today, it was ALL Piper could talk about on our trip down. I think that a mother/daughter craft project in the form of a little book that she can bring in the car with her or read at home to remind her of all the fun animals that are there and some things about them will happen before our next adventure. Today Piper learned that alligators will put their young inside of their mouths when the babes are in trouble, this was on a sign at the zoo. I didn't know that fact so I tried to look it up but can't find anything about it online, hmmm... The Galapagos Turtles weren't out today so we had to settle for this guy.



Tomorrow is Piper and Daddy date night. They are going to attend a gym type class together - she has been asking to go back since we went to a birthday party there this weekend so "yippee" we might have found her a class after all. I am getting ahead of myself though b/c I think that she will LOVE something and it ends up bombing, but Daddy is going with her - update to follow.

1 comments:

Andrea Wednesday, February 20, 2008  

That's awesome that your girls love the zoo so much!! I wish there was one closer to our place to take Tate too...but I think the closest one is about 5 hrs. away. Yeah...too far for a day trip! Oh well. :) And that turtle almost looks real!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons