and here it is

>> Saturday, February 23, 2008

Thanks to a SUPER creative mama I made this dress for Piper from an old button up shirt purchased at the thrift store for $1.25. Her tutorial was so easy to follow too. It turned out better than I thought it would and Piper just LOVES it. Hopefully the next time we visit the store we will find another shirt and I can make one for Violet. Anyway, on to Piper's new dress!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Pretty cool huh? How about those jelly shoes that I got for her too? Gosh, I wore them when I was a tween and now to see her too is hilarious to me. Our little fashionista actually asked for those the other day when we were at Old Navy. They are super cute though - come on mary jane jellies :)

6 comments:

Kellan Sunday, February 24, 2008  

Now, that is the most adorable thing I've ever seen! What a great idea - I've never seen this done with those shirts - You did a great job, it is just as cute as it can be!! Have fun finding more shirts - I think I'd go crazy with this idea (I just might try to find some big enough for a 6 year old and try it myself)! See you soon Jessie - Kellan

Andrea Sunday, February 24, 2008  

What a great idea!! And that dress is just ADORABLE!!! I'll definitely have to bookmark that tutorial and use it once the supposed-to-be- baby girl comes along! :)

Anonymous Monday, February 25, 2008  

Jess

That dress is the cutest thing! And P looks soo cute and fun in the dress. Love the shoes too, I can't believe the Jellies are back :-)

Great job on the dress!

Rach

Kim Monday, February 25, 2008  

That is a FABULOUS dress!! It really turned out great and she looks adorable in it!

GreenStyleMom Monday, February 25, 2008  

That is so, so, so cute! I may not even go to Goodwill... I think I can dive into Matt's closet and find an old shirt to use. Thanks for the link to the directions.

Anonymous Tuesday, February 26, 2008  

Love it Jessie! It came out so good, she looks adorable!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons