*sigh* another week in the books...

>> Friday, November 9, 2007

and what do I have to show for it? It seems like I am rushing around doing things all the time and then at the end of the week when I am looking at my dirty home I wonder what the heck I actually accomplished. There are times that I feel that I am a failure at this whole SAHM thing, maybe not so much the mom part but more of the homemaker part - to be blunt I think I suck at it most of the time. Everyday I either get the girls outside at our home or running around somewhere and then I try and do chores during their naps but lately all I have been feeling like doing while they sleep is sleep myself! I hope that this is just temporary and a stomach bug appears so that I know I haven't totally turned into the slug that I fear I am.

Today was so pretty outside, fall has been here in NC this week FINALLY! The temperature was probably still in the low 70's but it had a coolness to the air that wasn't here last week. I got out in the garage and looked through some of our Christmas decorations to see what we still might need. Lowe's has an inflatable Mickey Mouse that Piper sees all the time when we go there and stands in awe - he is on my day after Christmas sale list (keep your fingers crossed that he will still be there!). Last year Matt caved and got me Piper a blow up snowman for our front yard, seriously she stared at that thing all season and I hope that Violet will do the same this year when she sees it. Here are a few shots of the girls from us hanging out today. I TRY not to bring the camera out with me EVERY time but then they do something cute and I am off running for it. Anyway,





I have limited tricks right now but I *think* that my husband is going to buy me Photoshop (woohoo!!) and then I will be photo ho'ing more than I do now!!

And before I go and see what my online pals have been up to this week I would like to give everyone a heads up on a VERY FUN contest that The Apronista is having to win a FABULOUS apron made by Sommer Designs. Carrie could seriously become a crush of mine - she is that cool (at least from her blog I think so anyway). You know when you look at something out at a store and say "I can do that"? She actually DOES IT and her projects turn out SO NEAT! Check out her blog and site for amazing works of art! Or, get on over to The Apronista and enter the contest to win one of her aprons!

4 comments:

Drea Friday, November 09, 2007  

Photoshops awesome I have it.
although im not good with it yet.
those photos are amazing...

and thanks for the heads up on the contest :-)

Andrea Friday, November 09, 2007  

Photoshop is AWESOME! I definitely don't know how to do all the stuff that you can do with it, but yeah, you can do ALOT! And those pictures of your girls are precious! AND I decided that I'll just always bring my camera along with me now too, since like you said, they always do cute stuff when you leave the camera behind!

Jen Saturday, November 10, 2007  

Those pictures are great - I love black and white. I wish I could just attach a camera to me somehow, because like you, I am always running to find one. Then, I get back, and my son stops doing whatever he was doing! Same thing with video - I need a helmet cam.

Kellan Sunday, November 11, 2007  

I'm still living under a rock over here, but I'm glad you're gonna get Photoshop (*sad sigh of self-pity) - those are beautiful photos! See you soon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons