Fall Ya'll

>> Thursday, November 15, 2007

Yes it is finally fall down here in the south - for now. My favorite season doesn't last nearly long enough but after the warmer temperatures that we have been experiencing in NOVEMBER I will take whatever little bit of coolness that Mother Nature decides to give us. The girls were taking their afternoon nap and I was eating some celery M&M's and watching the wind blow outside. You just can't help but notice the beautiful blue sky when there isn't a cloud to be seen and the colorful leaves dancing in the breeze makes me want to pull out a sweater or make my family a good old fashioned southern home cooked meal. Since it is 60 and I would still sweat if I wore much more than 3/4 length sleeves I guess it will be the latter that I will do. Suddenly a knock on my door and the UPS driver handed me a...
wonderfully festive box


inside I found a perfectly decorated gift - for me wheeee!!!

and look who came to live with The Zoo - Paula Deen!!


How did I get this lucky? Well, I entered a contest lovers contest a few weeks back (probably 600 contests from a TON of different blogs - hope you played too) and got lucky enough to win 1. I didn't enter everything I saw, just what I KNEW I would use. Cassie, Mockingbird Hill , picked me (yippee) or the random generator did anyway but regardless I feel so blessed. After seeing how much work Cassie put into a GIVEAWAY I think that I want to be her friend :) At the very least I will stalk her blog *wink* - Thank you so much mama I can't wait to pick my first recipe!!!

5 comments:

Mockingbird Hill Thursday, November 15, 2007  

So glad you liked the box...and the book! It's got some great recipes in there...I have one and have enjoyed making some of the stuff already.

Wishing you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Cassie

Jennifer Thursday, November 15, 2007  

What a FUN box to receive!

Andrea Saturday, November 17, 2007  

How fun...I LOVE LOVE LOVE getting packages in the mail! And I can't believe you still have such nice fall weather...yeah, I am jealous! hehe :)

Andrea Sunday, November 18, 2007  

Hey! It's me again! :) Just wanted to let ya know that I just picked YOUR name for the "I love you More" book giveaway I had on my blog...so, if you can email me your address, I'll get it right out to you :) andraya3[at]yahoo[dot]com

Chicky Monday, November 19, 2007  

Speaking of Giveaways...did you check out the Apronista??? ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons