My little baby

>> Tuesday, October 4, 2011

She is sitting next to me while I write this post and I will probably lean over and kiss her a dozen times. She is eating a very cold pancake because she didn't eat it when it was hot this morning after I made it. It was the breakfast that she asked for. Sort of.

Topsail


Our Ruby isn't much of a talker. I guess I haven't mentioned that much on my blog. She gets what she wants most of the time with a single word or grunt. The doctor said at her 2 year old appointment to just wait a few more months to see if she would start but she hasn't. We will start her in speech in a few weeks. All other tests that they did on her came back at age level or above so it is just her talking.

Topsail


I can't help but think that a lot of it is my fault. Maybe I talk for her too much. The girls know what she wants and we all can understand most of the words she does have enough for her to get by. Maybe it didn't concern me because she is my baby. I have no idea but hopefully this will help her so that when school age comes she won't have to struggle as much.

Topsail



But girlfriend can scream. The "oh my gosh I think I am deaf now" kind of scream. That's our Ruby!

6 comments:

likeschocolate Tuesday, October 04, 2011  

Darling shots! Third children can often be late talkers because they can get by with getting what they want without having to say much. I am sure the Dr's will give you some great suggestions on helping her reach her full potential.

Ashley Sisk Tuesday, October 04, 2011  

If I could just grunt, I think I'd be happier. HEHE she's adorable.

Unknown Tuesday, October 04, 2011  

She is SO stinking adorable. These pictures of her are fantastic. I LOVE her name. I also love her hair. And her twinkly eyes. I hope everything is just fine. She probably doesn't have anything important to say yet. : )

Kate O Wednesday, October 05, 2011  

I 'grunted' and used minimal words until I was merely three and turned out just fine. Hopefully Ruby is just a late bloomer like I was! I didn't walk until two ;) but that's because I was fat and lazy!

Natalie A. Saturday, October 08, 2011  

She is so cute! Love the pictures again! I'm sure her speech will come soon in time! Hoping everything turns out good with her speech!

Buckeroomama Monday, October 10, 2011  

Well, they said that Einstein didn't talk until he was 4, so there you go. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons