How does your garden grow?

>> Tuesday, August 9, 2011

For someone who generally doesn't complain about the summer down here in NC I sure have been complaining about it a lot this year. Maybe it is because the girls are getting to an age that they need to be outside but honestly it is just really hot. We get out in the mornings but then afternoons are filled with Polly Pockets, Littlest Pet Shops, and television all the while we have the ceiling fan running as well as a fan in the corner of the living room. Yes, the air is on too. I told you it is hot! Our garden, as well as many others, have fallen victim to the extreme heat and I have been dreading the day when I go out and there isn't a tomato to be seen. We had so many tomatoes and peppers grow so early in the season it is just sad that our plants are looking so dismal when it is only August. Over the past few days though Matt has been scoring major husband points. He knows me quite well and sure I love flowers but what really wins my heart? Fresh Iowa corn!

8.9.11 corn


You would think that all that corn would have been it but the box that my husband came home with yesterday put a huge smile on my face. He rocks! When we had an abundance we gave our veggies away and now when so many gardens are suffering someone's is still thriving and they shared with us. Gardeners are awesome people and I am in no way putting myself into that gardening category.

8.9.11 veggie bowl


My girls eyes grew wide when they saw the beans. It has been far too long since they last had fresh beans and corn but tonight we will feast! Who volunteered to help me shuck and shell? We'll see :)

8.9.11

Sweet Shot Day

10 comments:

Tonya @ Love of Family And Home Tuesday, August 09, 2011  

That last shot is just gorgeous!!

Susan Tuesday, August 09, 2011  

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!

Hope your day is blessed!

mommy to many Tuesday, August 09, 2011  

love all the editing on these!

Rachelle Tuesday, August 09, 2011  

big fans of veggies at our place...

that BW image of little lady is beautiful. Such focus on those pretty eyes.

Joey Lynn Resciniti Tuesday, August 09, 2011  

We succeeded in growing a whole lot of cherry tomatoes this year. Everything else is just about dead. Thankfully my parents have much better skills. I get so much from them, I wonder why I even bother with my own garden. I'm sure those girls will help, shucking corn is a good time.

Kirstin Tuesday, August 09, 2011  

Love your pictures!!!! I love fresh corn!

Nicole V Lozano Wednesday, August 10, 2011  

I'll take corn over flowers almost any day,Yum.

Chrissy Wednesday, August 10, 2011  

I knew it would be V. :)

Kelly Thursday, August 11, 2011  

I LOVE sweet corn but I don't garden. My Father in law has a FABULOUS garden every year but this year his fell prey to the heat, lack of rain, oh and a raccoon!

Cara Friday, August 12, 2011  

I decide to do a garden this year and early on it did well and now...not so good.
We did join a CSA this years so we are fortunate to get some homegrown stuff each week.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons