This and That

>> Thursday, December 15, 2011

Well maybe just this :) I mentioned awhile back that we have put our Ruby in speech so I thought I might update. Baby girl just didn't talk. Who knows why. I still think it is because she is so stubborn but regardless we have been doing speech almost 2 months now and I have totally noticed a change. Ruby regularly uses 3 word phrases now where just a few months ago it was 1 word, if you got that out of her. The therapist who comes to our house is super sweet and Ruby looks forward to her visits, mostly because of this ball toy that she has I think. When I asked how long they thought she would need to continue and they said at least until her birthday and maybe a little bit beyond that. Progress right?

12.15.11


Since she was pretty cute in her mismatched ensemble I thought I might also participate in Small Style Thursday with Mama Loves Papa. The only thing I know for sure she has on are her old Babylegs and hand me down Chuck Taylor's (from Piper then Violet. We get lots of use out of things around here). You need to visit some of the blogs of mamas who really know how to dress their babes right. Truthfully I want some of their wardrobes :)

11 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph Thursday, December 15, 2011  

Oh my goodness she is TOO MUCH!!

Steph

Liz Mays Thursday, December 15, 2011  

I love her mismatched cuteness!

That's terrific that she's been chattering a bit more now since therapy began. That has to be really fun to watch the changes. :)

I kept trying to reply to you last night at the party, but your tweets kept escaping me and they're hard to find when they go down below! Anyhow, I was trying, and thank you so much for coming!

Susan Thursday, December 15, 2011  

She is adorable!!

Michelle G Thursday, December 15, 2011  

Oh what a cutie face :)
I LOVE the mis-matched outfit!! It's perfect! :)
M

Mrs. Stam Thursday, December 15, 2011  

She is just ADORABLE!!!

Shannon :: The Scribble Pad Thursday, December 15, 2011  

wouldn't it be great if we could all look this good in mismatched comfy clothes? adorable!

Rachael Friday, December 16, 2011  

Glad to hear the speech therapy is working! Great picture too, love the outfit :-)

Rachael Friday, December 16, 2011  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becca Saturday, December 17, 2011  

My parents had me in speech therapy as a kid and I will be eternally grateful to them for doing it! I guess as a child I wasn't understandable. Now I speak with the slightest lisp but am completely understandable!

Buckeroomama Sunday, December 18, 2011  

Ruby always always makes me smile. She is just so stinkin' adorable!

Glad to hear that she's making some progress. :)

Mama.Mommy.Mom. Sunday, December 18, 2011  

My little brother was a lot like Ruby. He didn't start really talking until after his third birthday and some speech therapy. He's 4 1/2 now, and on the shy side, but definitely talks up a storm!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons