Where do these stairs lead?

>> Monday, August 31, 2009

NO WHERE! Ok, I am not climbing stairs but I don't know how else to describe those elliptical machines. I guess it is in between climbing stairs and walking -shoot I don't know but I do know that I so dislike that machine in our basement! Not b/c it is taking up what could be valuable floor space (which it is) but b/c I just don't like that sort of work out.


Truth be told I really don't like ANY workout but... Want to hear something funny? I HAD TO HAVE IT! It is 3 1/2 years old and I might have a few hours on it but I HAD TO HAVE IT RIGHT AWAY! Now that I do I wish it would disappear and a treadmill would appear but it seems that won't be happening so for now I have to ignore how much I don't like it and deal with the fact it is the only exercise I will be getting until it starts to cool down and I can get out and walk with the girls - living in NC that could be November. Saturday I managed to stay on it for 6 minutes, not b/c I was completely out of breath and dying but b/c it is the most boring thing EVER and it felt like I had been doing it for hours! Sunday I did better b/c Snapped was on so I made it 12 minutes until I called it quits. Maybe I should have brought a cupcake down there to eat while I was doing it to make it more appealing :) I am hoping to bring it up to 20 minutes tonight - baby steps you know? At this rate I will have this baby weight off some time around my 40th birthday in 2 years :)

2 comments:

jayna Monday, August 31, 2009  

See now, if I had a treadmill, I would trade you in a heartbeat. I can't stand being locked inside to exercise, but I do love the elliptical :-)

Michelle Tuesday, September 08, 2009  

hee,hee,hee I was gigling the entire time...I too can't stand my eliptical and I wish I had a treadmill as well - oh well. It is SO boring & it does take baby steps. Maybe we can try together, to get in shape by our 40's, what do you think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons