The Sneaky Chef

>> Wednesday, July 25, 2007

After hearing mixed reviews by other mamas about this book I decided that I was going to go ahead and try it out, worst case I would resell it on my mommie board. The only people that really said anything against it were those that believe that children should want to eat their vegetables and enjoy the experience to ready them for their futures as healthy adults, well they aren't raising my kid. As much as I would love for Piper to sit down with a big plate of spinach she just doesn't. She has the veggies that she enjoys eating but I don't want to limit her to just them. There will be a time for us to introduce those back into her diet but right now my 2 year old gets to say "No" to food and does on a regular basis. Here is the book - check it out...



So, first day home with the book I already had some zucchini and cauliflower in the house so I went ahead and made the white puree. I sneaked it in my own homemade mac&cheese rather than trying out Missy's recipe right off and it was a hit. We often put butternut squash in our mac&cheese and always some broccoli so that wasn't our real test, still to come. Missy's idea to put crushed up Total and wheat germ for the topping was genius though - I hadn't thought about that and was just using whole wheat bread crumbs on ours. We put wheat germ in so many things I can't believe I hadn't come up with that on my own! I decided to make the Chocolate Chip Pancakes and they went well so a few days later made the Cocoa Chocolate Chip Pancakes and even omitted the Chocolate Chips and my daughter loved them! That is an excellent method in my book to get her to eat her spinach and I have to say I tried them myself and they aren't bad. Today I brought her Chocolate Chip Cookies to our playgroup and none of the other mamas or kiddies could tell. We probably won't use every recipe in this book or make something from it every night but there are many dishes that I can already see making on a regular basis.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons