Project 366 - Wisconsin

>> Saturday, August 4, 2012

I am going to have to forgo on my dailies because I am just too far behind and don't label things correctly. I will lump the remainder of the summer by the activities we did and go from there.

Girls and I decided to make a long overdue trip back home to Wisconsin. We packed out stuff, hitched a ride, and off we went!

Wheels up!

Untitled

Girls were awesome in the plane. I packed all sorts of electronic devices but they slept and looked out the windows most of the time. Good little travelers.

Untitled
We passed the first stop and go light and Violet asked why they weren't hanging from strings above the intersection. That must have been why I ran so many red lights when I first moved to NC :)

Splish Splash

A friend of mine got married and they had this awesome pool at the hotel where the reception was. We brought suits and snuck out for some fun swimming time. There was so much chlorine in the pool it hurt my eyes and I was sitting NEXT to the pool :)

WI crew
Untitled

Lots of fun times with the cousins! I didn't want to plan too many activities I just wanted to hang with the family. We ended up doing a few things but most of the time we were just playing. It was good for my girls to reconnect with the cousins they rarely see.

Untitled Untitled

Visited the locks by where I grew up. Took the girls on the Friendship Trail they built across the water. Played at the park and then ate at Knot's Landing. Why yes, my trip had a bucket list of restaurants to visit.

Untitled
Untitled

Had to make a stop at the Pig.

and the FOOD!!

Mihms. Brings back many memories.
Untitled

Mihm's - oh my yummy greasy goodness!

Manderfields Turtle Donut. This should be illegal!
Untitled

and Manderfield's!

More cousins and some firsts.

Untitled
Untitled

First time for these littles on a roller coaster. We hit Bay Beach and had a few really sad girlies because they didn't make the height requirement.

Untitled

But it was the Rhubster's first time on the Scrambler! She was hooked!

Untitled

Our group taking a break on the train. You have to ride the train at Bay Beach!

Untitled

^^^Those are my kids^^^.
Only 2 of them rode all the way home in the Jeep but the little one got a few laps around my sister's circle. They still talk about Danielle driving them around with the top down. Memories were made this entire trip! My belly is full. It was a great visit with the family and we hope to go back sooner than 3 years next time.

Untitled

A plane ride home and life was back to normal. Next time I'm driving. Just saying United!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons