Project 366 - Daytona

>> Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Not all of these are from Daytona but most. We have been going the past few years over the 4th and it has been pretty fun for everyone. Daddy works and Mama and the girls play. That's fair right?

Untitled

We found this Bitty Baby at Goodwill in Wisconsin. Why yes I visit Goodwill when I am in different states just to see the goodies they might have. "Lucy" was under $2. Probably because one of her eyes stays shut most of the time (our other 2nd loved baby, "Lily", is missing her big toe). We love her and now have triplets. Of course with different hair color :)

Trying to stay cool. Keyword *trying*

We were welcomed back to NC by 100+ degree weather. Yay! << that's sarcasm



Untitled
Later that evening. Piper was running a fun foot race in a friend's backyard and tripped. Probably over the two left feet she inherited from her mama.

We should have named her Grace :)

Thank goodness for water casts because Daytona here we come!

A mater sandwich sandwich. Lunch at the zoo :)
Missing this plant. It still looks good but it is in a pot and quit producing. My favorite tomato plant yet!

Road trippin with the fam @matthewdlucas Fun times right?

Road Trip!

Finally!

I think everyone in the van was happy to see this familiar sign :)

daytona fireworks (1 of 1)

We arrived to Daytona on July 4th. We met some friends for supper then headed back to the hotel to watch fireworks. This trip we stayed at the Hilton next to the boardwalk. This shot isn't to show you how awesome I am at photographing fireworks but to show how awesome the fireworks looked from our room! We ate Twizzlers and chips and watched from our balcony. Perfect!

Drip castles

The girls and I spent mornings on the beach, went back to the room for lunch, and then swam in the pool all afternoon. Rough.

Untitled
Out front of North Turn.

Matt has been coming here so long he knows good places to eat. If that place is busy we just go to another. Racing's North Turn wasn't our first choice but I am so glad we ended up there! There was an awesome band playing and we had an incredible view of the ocean all the while I enjoyed an iced cold Fat Tire and oysters. Perfection. Until the noseeums came and drove us away. It was alright though because we had a long day and Daddy had a REALLY long day coming up Friday.

Happy screams. This is what it's all about!

Now comes some family time!

Untitled

Mermaids

We entered a sand castle contest while we were there. Why not right? So we made Violet and Piper into mermaids but one of the judges said that they wouldn't win. Why? "While the children are cute this is about the purity of the sand" What? It's all good. We made a sun. And lost :)

Untitled
Ready, set...
There were 2 pools at the hotel. The one that served drinks and the one that didn't. Guess which one was basically our private pool?

Dinner. YUM
Another delicious meal out. Who am I kidding. ANY meal is delicious if I don't have to cook, serve, and clean it up!

Life is like a box of chocolates :)

We never leave early on our last day. Drives my husband crazy because we roll back home at like midnight but I want to enjoy every last moment we can. Especially when we are having such a great time! So we woke up Sunday and swam in the pool. Came back to the room and showered. Thank you Hilton for your generous late check outs! A trip to Daytona isn't complete without going to Bubba Gump.

FL wore them out!

Before we were out of Daytona! Think they had fun? We all had so much fun and can't wait until next year!

2 comments:

Elizabeth GLz Wednesday, August 15, 2012  

Hi Jessie, what an adventure...in fact life is an amazing adventure and your girls are adorable.

I just wanted to thank you for your participation on the Hip Hip Hurray Giveaway in KRR's blog. I was delighted reading the comments. Thanks for the sweet comment. Also i wanted to tell you hat I am offering three scholarships and you can apply signing up for the newsletter and sending me an email. (check me resent post on my blog). Also I am offering a 20% discount for all the participants on the giveaway who register by August 25, 2012. Isn't this awesome?

I hope you can join me in this creative adventure!!

All the best,

Elizabeth

http://elizabethglz.com/blog

Claremont First Ward Friday, August 17, 2012  

Looks like such a great vacation. Florida sand is so great for sand castles and sculpting. Ours here in CA isn't the same. And, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one still writing about my July vacation. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons