The 3rd of July (2009 edition)

>> Saturday, July 4, 2009

I don't ever remember July 3rd being a holiday but I guess it is sometimes. Matt didn't have to work (yeah!) so we got the girls ready and headed to a little fountain near our house to play before it got too crowded and the bigger kids got there.



My Crew



Then after naps and dinner our local YMCA had a big family celebration last night ending with fireworks. I was grateful for the fact that Matt was able to join us b/c I am not sure the girls would have had as much fun b/c it was pretty hot and sunny so we set up a little 1/2 tent shade thing and Ruby and I spent most of our time lounging there while Matt took the girls around and got their faces painted and bounced in a bounce house. We also splurged on funnel cakes, kettle corn, and Piper's favorite deep fried oreos :) We know how to live :)




We did not get home from the festivities until 10:30 pm and the girls were up this morning bright and early at 6:45 soooo we will have our own little fireworks display in the driveway tonight. I might have to pick up a few more things though b/c I LOVE the 4th almost as much as I LOVE Halloween!

1 comments:

Kelly Sunday, July 05, 2009  

Stopped by to see how everyone was doing! Looks like a great 3rd and 4th! Your family is very special!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons