Sadie

>> Thursday, April 2, 2009

There was great joy last week as we welcomed our 3rd daughter but our family also had a devastating loss and have been feeling so much sadness ever since. Our beautiful Sadie collapsed Monday night when Matt came home to let our dogs out while I was still at the hospital. He took her to the emergency vet and they found fluid around her heart and a tumor. After talking to the vet on call and discussing the options and outcomes it was decided to have her put down so that there would be no suffering. Sadie was with us for over 9 years. She was my protector and walking buddy. A ball or frisbee would keep her absolutely content for hours if you wanted to throw it that long. Our girls loved to play with her and just started dressing her up, she was so good with them. Our family is missing her very much and although I have wanted to write about this many other times I just haven't been in the right place emotionally to post about her - it hurts and effects each one of us so much. We will always love you and will miss you so much big dog - xxoo.

4 comments:

Rachael Thursday, April 02, 2009  

Oh beautiful Sadie, you will be missed so. My heart aches for all of you. She was always the best.

Mrs. Stam Friday, April 03, 2009  

Oh no! She was a gorgeous one!

Ps I tag you on my blog!

Rachael Reynolds Friday, April 03, 2009  

Sooo sorry Jessie. I know how it hurts!

Andrea Friday, April 03, 2009  

I'm so sorry! Wish I could come give you a big hug...though I know it probably wouldn't make you feel much better. I know I always was SO upset when my beloved pets died...it really is heartbreaking.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons