First day at preschool

>> Tuesday, September 4, 2007

We decided to enroll our oldest in preschool for the 2007 school year. I get her to playgroups and she enjoys other kiddies so much that we thought she would really only benefit from being with 6 other children her age a few times a week. There is actually 7 other kids besides her but one is her friend Bryce. This past week we have been talking about school but since she has never been before she really had no clue besides us saying "You're going to be going to school with Bryce", so this morning when I told her we were going she said "School with Bryce?" and I said "Yes baby, you are going to school with Bryce". So we were off and picked up Daddy b/c I wasn't 100% sure that I wouldn't completely fall apart at the thought of leaving my baby girl, he laughed at me as tears ran down my face but once we got there I had it together. We brought her into the class and she immediately went for the water table that they had filled with different types of beans, it looked like she was having a blast already and was oblivious that we were even still there. Michele, Bryce's mama, decided to make a break for it and after a minute Bryce started looking for her and got sad and cried which made me teary eyed. It was time for me to leave or else I wouldn't be able to leave her, sad huh, so I took off with Matt right behind me. Michele and I met at Panera for coffee both of us half expecting a call saying "Come get your kid" but that call never came. We both needed a few things from the store and then went back to pick up the kids because their big day was almost done. Now for the best part of this story, while picking up the kiddos the teachers said that Piper hadn't cried AT ALL - yeah Piper! Bryce cried for about 10 minutes and then he was fine - yeah Bryce! Piper's other good friend Elizabeth who is not going to the same school as her had a fabulous time at preschool today too - yeah Elizabeth! I guess we will see how glad they are to go back on Thursday but I feel so good about today, my baby is growing up! Here she is the morning of her first big day...


4 comments:

Jennifer Tuesday, September 04, 2007  

Aw, she is completely adorable with that backpack! Congratulations, on making it through the morning, mama. :)

Anonymous Tuesday, September 04, 2007  

Ahh Jessie, love the picture of Piper. So happy that all our kiddos did so well today. Thanks fopr helping me through it. I never thought it would be so hard. They are all growing up so fast!

mAsOn & tErrI's mOm Wednesday, September 05, 2007  

She might possibly be one of the cutest preschoolers that I have seen!!!!!

Anonymous Saturday, September 08, 2007  

It is crazy to think that Piper is old enough to go to pre-school.

Although with her fearless, outgoing personality I'm sure she will love it :-)

Miss you guys and hate that we miss out on so much not being closer.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons